What to do:
- Activate the nearest fire alarm.
- Call 911.
- Notify occupants and help those in the immediate area who may need assistance.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest exit.
- Confine the fire by closing doors as you exit.
- Do not re-enter the building until permitted to do so by emergency personnel.
Building evacuation procedure:
- Evacuation is mandatory when a fire alarm has been activated.
- Do not use elevators.
- Take personal belongings, such as keys, wallets and purses.
- Close doors as you exit.
- Move people to a safe area away from the building.